The OPRA Annual Awards of Excellence recognize organizations throughout Ohio that embody the vision, dedication and demonstration of excellence in parks and recreation. These awards highlight the efforts of those organizations that transcend everyday standards to make a difference and improve the quality of life in our Ohio communities.
Submission Forms are now available! But first, check out the 2017 Awards Brochure to view the categories, find out what information you need to submit, and discover how your department can score a FREE awards submission.
Some helpful hints before you submit!
- Prepare your answers before you access the form to submit your award online. Use the handy templates to create your responses then simply copy and paste them into the online form. The prompts are taken directly from the judging rubric, so make sure your answers are clearly defined.
- Create a folder on your desktop for each award you’re submitting to house any and all supporting documents. Instructions on how to submit supporting documents will be emailed to the nominator no later than 2 business days after the submission is made. Supporting documents must be submitted no later than 2 business days after emailed confirmation is received, otherwise they will not be considered with your submission.
- There is a limit of 12 supporting documents per submission, with at least 6 of the supporting documents being JPEG files. (One document per PDF and one image per JPEG, please no captions, borders, etc.) Video files need to be submitted as a web link at the time of the text submission to be considered and will count toward you total number of supporting documents. See brochure for complete rules and requirements.
- If your submission is for a Leadership Award, photographs of the nominee will be collected only after they have been chosen to receive the award.
- Find out how you are paying for your submission. Each department that purchases a Group Membership Package receives a FREE awards submission. The discount code for your FREE submission is sent to your director and must be used at checkout. Other payment methods include Visa/Mastercard/Discover, purchase order, or bill me. Cost is $60 per entry for projects; leadership awards are free.
Remember, only projects/programs completed between October 1, 2016 and September 30, 2017 are eligible for submission and are not permitted to be entered two years in a row. Deadline to make a submission is October 18, 2017.
Free OPRA Awards Workshop | May 5, 2017
Have questions about submitting an award? Curious to see how other award winning departments prepared their submissions?
Join us on May 5th as our Awards Co-Chairs and representatives from Bellbrook-Sugarcreek Park District (winner of the 2016 Governor’s Award) and Metroparks of the Toledo Area (winner of six 1st place awards in 2016) share how they prepared their awards submissions.
2017 OPRA Awards Judging | November 2, 2017
Judging for the 2017 OPRA Awards of Excellence will take place on November 2nd at 10:00am at the Westerville Community Center. Judges must be an active OPRA member.